MANTRA MEDITATION TIPS
What is meditation about?
Different things for different people. For some people, it is about the specific benefit for (better health, performance, creativity, etc..), or about personal growth and postures.. For some other people it is also about transcendence and spirituality. Whenever motivates you to start meditating, is good. Your goals may change by time.How to start meditating?
This is actually a very good question and also many people have this question that actually how to start a meditation. There are four essential points about how to make meditation a permanent part of your life.
- JUST STRAT: There is no preparation You can start today at any time. Choose a time in a day and a place at your home to do your meditation. Make any small changes you need to make to your schedules and lifestyle, so that this habit is encouraged and has its place. For example, setting up an alarm clock for the meditation time, or preparing for a cushion and corner of the house for the practice. It is to commit that practicing is required for everyday.
- HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS: Expectation is the antithesis of meditation . If you learn to do meditation for its meditation’s sake, its wonderful benefits will come to you in Think of that meditation is like taking of a shower or sleeping. As simple is that we need to do something everyday.
There are some results from meditation that are immediate. You immediately feel better, feel relax after most practice sessions. Other results come in a few months- actually a research shows that with daily meditation, even after 8 weeks you will already have some beneficial results. And some more deeper results will come as after year pass by.
- DEPTH: Don’t worry about this until you have already built in the habit, otherwise you might end up being discouraged or building But, in general, depth means to have the attitude, during the meditation session, that the object of meditation is the most important thing in your life. At that moment , have the attitude that it is the only thing that exist in the whole universe or whole life.
- INTEGRATION: How to take the space you find during meditation and integrate it in your daily life? Well, one activity at a One day a master taught me to pick one new activity at every week and focus on bringing the meditation energy to that activity. Finally, if you like to build motivation around your practice, consider going through the value discovery process. Once you know your top life values, make a list of 10 ways that you think meditation empowers you to live and fulfill your life values.
Is it better to meditate in the morning or night?
It depends on the person. I personally started meditating at night, and after a few years moved into the morning, which I now prefer.
All this things be equal, however, meditating in the morning is better . The main reasons are:
- You can focus better- you are most well rested, refreshed, and probably have fewer things going on in your
- You can also set a better tone for the rest of your
- You can make sure it gets Leaving it for the night can be a sure recipe for postponement.
On the other hand meditating at night does help you have a better sleep. Also, if you are a night person, you may find yourself more alert for practicing at night.
Should I always meditate in the same place?
Meditating always in the same place and time is a good help in focusing the mind. Your brain associates that place with the practice, so it is easier for you to focus. There is lees distraction involved.
I usually find it very much easier to focus when I meditate in my preferred spot. Yet, at times I felt a different freshness in the practice when I sat on different places at home and in nature.
“ It doesn’t matter how slow we walk, so long we keep on moving.”
Should I keep my eyes open or close during meditation?
Meditating with closed eyes has the advantage of helping you move into deeper states of meditation. However, beginners may find that the mind wanders more if the eyes are closed, or is more likely to fall asleep. Meditating with open eyes help yours mind to be more present and alert, and may make integrating the meditation state in your daily life a bit easier,
So both are possible. In some traditions the eyes are closed during meditation in others the eyes are kept half-open, with the gaze resting in a place in front of you.
Obstacles and distractions
This is a very common question. It depends on why you are falling asleep. Some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you sleep
- Are you trying to meditate for longer than I naturally feel like doing?
- Is your body exhausted due to intense physical work or exercise?
- Is your stomach full when you meditate? Is your meditation right after a meal, especially a large one?
“ Those who eat too much or eat too little, who sleep too much or sleep too little, will not succeed in meditation. But those who are temperate in eating and sleeping, work and recreation, will come to the end of sorrow through meditation. – ‘BHAGAWAD GITA’ ”.